OneHome is a coordinated entry system to ensure individuals, families, youth, and Veterans experiencing homelessness will have timely access to appropriate resources through a centralized, equitable, person-centered process that preserves choice and dignity.
- Our community supports a client-centered, low-barrier approach to housing that ensures that the needs and well-being of those experiencing homelessness are paramount, and increases self-determination for the client.
- Our system will operationalize a shared community vision across the seven-county metro area with clear priorities and community ownership.
- We must use real-time data to drive our decision making, goal setting, and resource allocation.
- The process must be transparent with expectations and outcomes regularly to all stakeholders, including housing service providers and clients.
- The system must be accessible to all and able to prioritize those most in need within different populations for available and appropriate services based on a common assessment tool or tools.
- Through coordination, our system targets appropriate resources by ensuring that every individual and family and youth is linked to the most relevant housing intervention.
- Our collaborative effort focuses on long-term outcomes including sustainability and support for both providers and clients in housing retention.